This page contains links to websites, publications, and videos relating to various aspects of homeowner lawn care and irrigation.
Complete Homeowner’s Irrigation Guide
This 64-page manual serves as a comprehensive guide to equipment, operation, & management of landscape irrigation systems.
The following is a list of relevant publications which can be found at http://agrilifebookstore.org.
- B-6239: Turfgrass Establishment for Texas
- E-139: Thatch Management for Home Lawns
- E-214: Springtails
- E-436: Fertilizing Texas Lawns: 10-Point Checklist for Warm-Season Grasses
- EB-6125: Lawn Water Management
- EB-6126: Keep Your Lawn Alive During Drought
- HT-013: Earth-Kind Landscape Management
- HT-089: Doug Welsh’s Texas Garden Almanac
- EB-6153: Rainwater Harvesting
- EWF-014: Ornamental Ponds & Water Gardens in Texas
- Water Conservation
- Landscape Design
- Natural Plant Nutrients
- Audit Your Irrigation System
- Conserving Water with Low-Volume Irrigation
More publications can be found on our Irrigation Literature page.
The Earth-Kind Plant Selector
This tool provides information on plants based on certain criteria or the region they are found.
Texas Water Systems Under Water Restrictions (Map)
This page on the TCEQ Website displays the location of public water systems in Texas that are enforcing restrictions on water use, updated weekly.
This website created by the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center in Dallas offers expertise on water conservation and efficiency technologies in both commercial and residential settings.
Aggie Horticulture Site Resources
Easy Gardening Series
This resource contains many publications for specific crops and on specific topics such as composting and fertilization.
Fruit & Nut Resources
This resource contains numerous guides and fact sheets for specific fruits and nuts.